Simrad Rs40-B Vhf Radio W/Class B Ais Transceiver & Internal Gps
RS40-B VHF Radio with Class B AIS Transceiver & Internal GPS
See and Be Seen with Integrated AIS
The RS40-B includes a Class B AIS transceiver, which not only receives AIS targets but also transmits your boat’s position to nearby AIS-equipped vessels. This helps other mariners to spot your boat through any conditions, day or night. A built-in AIS receiver monitors the position of other AIS-equipped vessels, helping you to proactively avoid collisions in crowded harbours and waterways. AIS information can be viewed on the radio’s built-in screen, or overlaid on your chart or radar screen through a compatible multifunction display.
Removable Fist Mic
The RS40-B’s removable fist mic can be connected to the front or rear of the radio, and optional extension cables allow the mic and radio to be mounted separately. This offers a simple and cost-effective solution for any mounting location, with no cable clutter. For example, the RS40-B can be mounted overhead, with no hanging cables, while the mic is connected to an extension socket on the dash below.
Expandable with Wireless Handsets
Add an optional HS40 wireless handset to take your radio anywhere on board. Each handset duplicates your radio’s display and controls, enabling remote access to all key functions. Up to two handsets can be connected to a single RS40-B, and with multiple handsets connected your radio doubles as an on-board intercom.
- Integrated Class B AIS transceiver
- Class D DSC approved VHF radio
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Removable fist mic supports front or rear connection
- Connect up to two wireless handsets
- Add an optional loudhailer or external speaker
- NMEA 0183® and NMEA 2000® connectivity
- Unit Dimensions 7.92″ wide x 3.85 High Flush mounted
In the Box:
- 000-14921-001 Fist Mic RS40
- 000-14917-001 Mounting Bracket with Knobs
- 000-14915-001 Flush Mounting Kit
- 000-14912-001 Suncover
Manufacturer Part Number: 000-14473-001