Garmin Heading Sensor
When interfacing this 3-axis compass heading sensor to Garmin’s marine lineup of MFDs and radars, mariners can expect unparalleled radar overlay performance and accuracy along with excellent MARPA capabilities.
This heading sensor uses a rate gyro, so it can maintain an exceptional 2 degree heading accuracy under heavy dynamic conditions, with up to 30 degrees of pitch and roll. In addition, it supports either NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000® data output to fit any installation.
Installation is a snap thanks to the heading sensor’s innovative design allowing it to mount to any angled bulkhead. Mariners can expect this heading sensor to provide trouble-free service in the harshest conditions and will learn to appreciate its reliability and excellent performance.
- Better than 1 degree static heading accuracy
- Industry leading 2 degree dynamic accuracy up to 30 degree pitch and roll
- Three-axis solid-state compass provides accurate heading data
- Three-axis accelerometer improves heading, pitch and roll in static conditions
- Three-axis rate gyro improves heading, pitch and roll in dynamic conditions
- Temperature compensated across the entire operating range to ensure optimum accuracy
- Heading output by default is 10 Hz for both NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 (NMEA 2000 can be output up to 20 Hz)
- Easy installation to any angled bulkhead
- Auto-calibration feature
- Waterproof housing (IPX6)
- Dimensions: 2″ (5.08 cm) H x 4.4″ (11.18 cm) L x 4.5″ (11.43 cm) D
- Operating voltage: 9 VDC to 16 VDC
* Please Note: NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000 cables sold separately
Manufacturer Part Number: 010-11417-00